Dear Client –
As your valued partner, we wanted to share some important considerations in canceling or postponing your event. We know this is never an easy decision. We have created many additional resources to help make this process as smooth as possible.
Jump to a topic:
- General Considerations
- Next Steps
Whether or not you manage these items in your A2Z Events system, as a trusted partner in your events, we would like to encourage you to consider or review these topics. While this is not a comprehensive list of concerns, these are the most relevant to the work done in the A2Z Events solution.
What is the accounting impact? Please talk with your accounting team to determine what their needs are so that you can work as a team to get things done most properly. The two main scenarios we are seeing:
- Accounting needs to 'close' the books in 2020, and then 'open' for 2021 or postponed event. What does the accounting team need to be done in your A2Z Events Global Admin to close books?
- Accounting needs books to stay 'open.' Are new GL Accounts required for new sales?
Additional Accounting Considerations
- How are refunds and credits to be handled?
- How will sponsorship and booth cancellations be recorded?
- Is your event enrolled in the Revenue Accelerator Program (RAP)? Let’s talk immediately before providing any refunds.
Conference/Call for Proposals
- Will 2021 or postponed event have the same courses?
- Will a new Call for Proposals need to occur?
- Are you awarding points for 2020 purchases?
- Are you changing your logic for the 2020 event and/or allowing people to move forward with the same priority points?
- Will you be making updates to your logic in your next show cycle?
- Postponement Addendums – check with your legal counsel regarding the need for contract addendums, new insurance forms, etc.
- Will you be offering the Right of First Refusal for 2020 exhibitors for shows that are in the same venue in 2021?
What to communicate to your A2Z Events Project Team
- Venue changes – if you need to change venues due to postponement or other considerations, please alert your Project Manager as soon as you can
- Extending the Event into the Virtual Space – Let us know if you are planning to extend the use of your exhibitor profiles on your A2Z Event website, in your A2Z Event Mobile App, etc. so that we can guide you through the right steps to ensure proper financial transactions are done while preserving the booth profiles.
- Accounting Impact – When you are working with your A2Z Event Project Team, let them know how your accounting team needs to see information entered so that they can give you the best next steps for your specific needs.
- Seminar – We have hosted our first Special Topic Seminar on Wednesday, March 18th, to review the general actions needing to be performed by you in the A2Z Event system for recording refunds, transfer, moving exhibitors, vacating booth space, etc. This seminar became available On Demand following the live recording.
- Recordings – In our Support Help Center there are recordings available of our past seminars. To access these, click on the Seminars and Live Education Sessions, then select the Access Recorded Seminars article.
- vILTs – There is a monthly Financial Next Steps vILT, which includes Booth Downsize, Cancellations, Discounts, Refunds, and Transfer of funds. All vILTs can be found under Seminars and Live Education, then select Register for Education Seminars and Virtual Training (vILT)
- Micro Video/Article topics – In our Support Help Center, you will find a collection of quick actions - functional videos and articles curated specially for the processes involved in canceling, postponing, or reducing the size of your event. To access these in the Support Help Center, click on Quick Actions
- Support Help Center – Access our Support Help Center by logging in to your A2Z Events Global Admin, clicking on the Support link at the top of the Left Navigation panel, which will open the Help Center a new tab in your browser.
- Virtual Meet-Ups – Visit our Events Community to join our topical virtual meet ups. These will be moderated by an A2Z Staff member, and are open to all A2Z Events clients. If you have not already registered for our Community, we encourage you to do so at https://events.personifycorp.com/
- Your account management team is available to discuss the options available to ‘virtualize’ your event and increase Attendee and Exhibitor ROI either in place of your 2020 event or to continue building excitement during the postponement time.
Feel free to reach out to your entire A2Z Events team if questions arise. As always, please keep us informed as your events evolve.