The following steps should be followed to process a credit card refund through a2z. Please note, this currently only works with the PayPal PayflowPro credit card gateway.
- User will go to the Payment Screen and put the negative amounts against the applicable orders.
- User will then select Online Credit Card Refund as the Payment Mode. (please note - "Online Credit Card Refund" will process the refund through your credit card gateway. "Refund" will just record the refund in a2z).
- Once Online Credit Card Refund is selected as the Payment Method, a new drop down List will appear below it called Select Existing Payment. This list will contain Payment IDs that are Online Credit Card Payments. Select the appropriate Payment ID from this list.
- Amount(s) entered as refunds will not be able to exceed the total of the original payment. If multiple payments have been made, a refund will need to be processed for each payment, not to exceed the amount of the payment associated with the respective Payment ID.
- Once the original Payment ID is selected, the Existing Card drop down list will automatically default to the Token associated to that Payment ID.
- The user will then click Add Payment.
- A new Payment record will be created and the Payment ID from the original transaction will be stored in "RefPaymentID" of the newly created payment. The Refund flag will also be set to True.
- Transaction ID from the credit card gateway for the Refund will be stored in the TransactionID field of the new payment.
- Payment will be logged in the PaymentLog report in Custom Reports as usual (if you do not have this report, please contact your project manager).
Recommendations/Notes of Interest
- At the time of writing this article, this functionality is only available to clients using the PayPal PayflowPro payment gateway.
- If an exhibitor’s card is declined, expired or for whatever reason the exhibitor wants the refund on another card, that will need to be processed outside of a2z (in whatever portal your gateway provides) and recorded as Payment Method "Refund" (NOT online credit card refund) in a2z.
- If, after a refund is processed, a balance is now due on an order the exhibitor can be sent a new invoice to provide payment.