Though your a2z Project Manager [PM] is always available to help you, here are some tips on what to include in your email to help them be more effective in supporting you:
- Start off with a good subject line.This makes it easier for your PM to find your email in their inbox. Additionally, when changing subjects update the subject line or begin a new email message.
Example - 2020 Set Up Kit [Completed] or ABC 2020 Page Not Found Error
- State your goals.Putting your end goal at the beginning of the email gives your PM the right context for your content.
Example – “I have completed filling in my Set Up Kit for the 2020 event, and I need to know what my next steps are. Here are my 5 questions:”
“I need to figure out why I am getting this Page Not Found Error when I log in to the booth sales page.”
- Include Links and Images, especially when you are reporting an issue. Including Screen Shots or video captures keeps you and your PM on the same [web] page.
To make the most of your screen shots:
- Capture the whole page (including the URL) - especially error message text – to show your PM exactly what you are seeing.
- Add highlights, call outs, text, etc. – Tools like Snag It allow you to add highlighting, circle areas of the image, and insert text. This give you the opportunity to explain what is happening in the screenshot.
- Take a video of your steps - Snag It allows you to take a video of your screen, so that you can show exactly what steps you are taking.
Tools for creating screen shots:
- When reporting an issue, include all the steps that are needed to recreate the issue. Including all the things that you clicked on, or text that you entered
- Where did it happen? Global Admin or your public event site. Include the URL to the page if possible.
- What information did you use? Include the Company name, Booth Number, search terms, etc.
- Include any additional information that may be relevant.
- Browser (with version)
- Operating System
- Any changes made that may affect the system's functionality.
- Indicate the priority level, if applicable.
- Urgent - Unable to collect funds
- High: A critical feature isn't accessible or isn't behaving as expected
- Normal or Low: Question about how to do something
- Use Help Center's 'Submit a Request' option. This option, located at the top of the screen, gives you a form to fill in which prompts you to include all the relevant information, and has a place to upload files like screen shots, videos, and documents.