The Missing Speaker Information Report is sent to any speaker who has not saved their profile information on the event site for a specific event. Some Speaker information is event specific (custom fields, etc) and some is saved in the global contact record (address, etc.).
Before sending the Missing Speaker Information Letter/Email, check and update the template. You can navigate to Template Management from Events> Event Settings> Event Settings> Template Management>#42 MissingSpeakerInformation. Be sure to choose an event first since the templates are event specific
- Add merge fields - To add a Merge Field, select the field from the drop down entitled “List of Fields”, place your cursor where you want the field to be, and then click Insert. Do not remove the ## characters because this tells the system it is a merge field. NOTE – there are some special merge fields as follows:
- Add images - Images are first uploaded into Events>Content Management>File Management, then selected by clicking the Image Manager Icon (or using crtl+M on your keyboard). Select the image from the folder you have uploaded it into, and select any styling from the menu.
- Add hyperlinks - Hyperlinks are added by highlighting the text you want to link, clicking on the Hyperlink Manager, and entering the URL that you would like to link the selected text. Be sure to use http://.
- Edit text - You can edit or enter new text into the main text area.
- Format text - Text is formatted using the standard tools like Bold, Italicize, and Underline, and more advanced items like Strikethrough, page justification, font type, font size, font color, highlight color, and paragraph styles [ex. Numbered list, Heading
- Update- Click the update button to update the Template.
Sending the Email
Go to Reports> Conference Management> Missing Speaker Information Letter, select the appropriate Event, Email Type and then click Go (Live vs. Test mode is explained below).
Then after checking the list of Speakers, click Email(s) to send. You can also print the letters in HTML or MS Word format to review them prior to sending.
You can put the system in Test mode by selecting Test for the Email Type field. In this mode, you can send yourself an email to see what it will look like when the exhibitor receives it. Be sure to only select one record from the list if using this mode so that you don’t receive all of the emails.