Click on ‘Marking Type’ drop down to choose from one of the following options:
- Regular Marking – Use this to add a rectangular Marking with or without a rectangular border.
- Poly Marking – Use this to add a Marking with 3 or more sides.
- Point, Width and Height Marking – Use this to add a Marking for which you wish to draw a rectangle of a given width and height.
Enter a brief description for the Marking. This is for your reference and is not displayed to website visitors. This is a required field.
Add the Position of the Marking
- Regular Marking - manually enter or click on the map to define the values for the top left-hand X and Y coordinates, and the bottom right-hand X and Y coordinates.
- Poly Marking - click on the map where you would like each corner of your marking to be.
- Point, Width and Height Marking - click once on the map at the location of the top left corner, and then enter values (in inches or meters – as applicable) for the Width and the Height.
Select Marking Line Type
- Caption - This is just text - for this type of marking you will fill in the Label Text and update the Label Color, Label Font Size, Label Font Type, Label Align, and Label V Align. Display can be set to show the label horizontal (default) or vertical.
- Outline - A colored outline around the area designated by the position coordinates. If the Label options are entered then Label text will display. Marking Color, Marking Line Thickness, and Marking Line Style can all be configured to change the look of the outline.
- Solid - A black outline filled in with color. If the Label options are entered then Label text will display.Marking Color and Marking Opacity will control the color fill, the higher the opacity the less 'see through' the marking will be. Additionally Marking Line Thickness, and Marking Line Style ca nbe used to change the look of the sold marking.
An image can be placed on the floor plan by using the Marking Image. Use the browse option to search your computer or linked server for the image, and upload. For best results use Marking Line Type Solid. The image you upload will be made to conform to the size marking that you have created - if you need assistance with this please contact your a2z project manager.
- If the event has multiple Maps, create Markings on the Child Map. The Markings are then automatically displayed on the Parent Map.
- Unlike NES, Markings can be created to overlap other markings, NES, or booths.
- Poly Markings look best when the label is created a separate marking. To do this, first create the Outline or Solid Poly Marking, and then create the Caption Marking as a regular marking.