Companies>Search and Add Companies>Company Record
The invoices tab of the company record is intended to be used by clients that have purchased the Manual Financials package. This tab allows users to manage the invoices for a single company. To generate bulk invoices for all companies use the generate invoices option found at Events>Financial>Settings>Generate Invoices
Add Invoice Form
By default the event that the user is logged into will be selected in the drop down. To change events, use the drop down box to choose another event in the system that uses manual financials.
Select the orders to be included on this invoice by checking the boxes on the left, entering the dollar amount or percentage of each order that is due on this invoice, and then selecting the company contact and invoicing terms as applicable.
After an invoice has been created it will appear here.
- Invoice# - The number that appears on this invoice. Click this number to edit the invoice.
- Event – The name of the event that this invoice is associated.
- Invoice Amount – The total amount of money that is due on this invoice.
- PaidAmt – The total amount of money paid against this invoice.
- Date – The date the invoice was created.
- Operator – The login id of the user that created this invoice.
- Process – Use this link to produce a Word document that can be printed or saved. This also creates a saved document in the system under the existing invoice option.
- Preview – Use this link to produce a Word document that has no invoice number to preview what the document would look like. Always do a test after changing the invoice template (Events>Features>Template Management).
- Existing Invoice – If the invoice has been processed all the documents will be saved here.
- Email – Use this link to email the invoice to the appropriate contact person. A new window will open up with the email form. Once the email has been sent and the green success message shows, close that window to return to the system. For more information on sending invoices see the Send Invoices article.
- Sync Status – If this event is using financial export module, this additional column will be displayed. Items marked ‘Closed’ have been synced, and cannot be modified.
Invoices can be updated if needed; for systems using financial export this is how a user can mark an invoice as ‘closed’. Invoices that have been associated with a payment cannot be deleted.
Edit the Invoice
Update Invoice – After changes have been made to this invoice click this button to save the changes.
Delete Invoice – If this invoice was created in error and has not been processed or paid against, click delete to remove the invoice. If a payment has been made against an invoice that requires deletion, please contact your a2z Project Manager for assistance.
Mark As Closed – For systems using financial export this extra button will display to allow the user to manually close invoices for batching.
Below the edit invoice form is the payment history for this invoice.