How to send Invoices
When using the Manual Financials module, invoices are used to communicate to Companies regarding items purchased and payments due.
Update the Template
To Edit the Template
1. Add merge fields - To add a Merge Field, select the field from the drop down entitled “List of Fields”, place your cursor where you want the field to be, and then click Insert. Do not remove the ## characters because this tells the system it is a merge field.
NOTE – there are some special merge fields as follows:
1.1. TO_Contact – these fields use the name and/or contact information of the contact from the TO hierarchy (see step 6)
1.2. Public Side URL – This field adds in the Public Site’s URL, so that even if the URL is changed the template will not need to be updated.
2. Add images - Images are first uploaded into Events>Features>Content Management>File Management, then selected by clicking the Image Manager Icon (or using crtl+M on your keyboard). Select the image from the folder you have uploaded it into, and select any styling from the menu.
3. Add hyperlinks - Hyperlinks are added by highlighting the text you want to link, clicking on the Hyperlink Manager, and entering the URL that you would like to link the selected text. Be sure to use http://.
4. Edit text - You can edit or enter new text into the main text area.
5. Format text - Text is formatted using the standard tools like Bold, Italicize, and Underline, and more advanced items like Strikethrough, page justification, font type, font size, font color, highlight color, and paragraph styles [ex. Numbered list, Heading 1]
6. Configure TO: and CC Hierarchy - These 2 fields are set up as a hunt sequence. The First Contact type will be sent the email, in the case that there is not an email address for this contact, or not a contact of this type associated, then the system will look to the next contact in the hierarchy. If there are no contacts associated to any contact type in the hierarchy, the system will use the Company Contact.
7. Update- Click the update button to update the Template.
Send One Invoice
To send invoices out to a group of companies go to Reports>Printing & Email> Invoice, select the appropriate Criteria, and click Go (Live vs. Test mode is explained in the next section).
Then after checking the list of Companies, click Email(s) to send. You can also print the invoices in HTML or MS Word format to review them prior to sending or to mail out manually.
Test vs. Live Mode
You can put the system in Test mode by selecting Test for the Email Type field. In this mode, you can send yourself an email to see what it will look like when the exhibitor receives it. Be sure to only select one record from the list if using this mode so that you don’t receive all of the emails. In Live mode (default) emails will be sent to the listed contact.