A Non-Exhibiting Space (NES) is a physical location on the floor plan that is being designated with a specific use, and will not be assigned to an exhibitor. This could be an Exhibitor Lounge, Internet Café, Demo Stage, etc.
- Choose NES from the toolbar
- Choose ‘Create’ from the NES options.
- Choose an ‘NES type’ from the drop down:
- Regular NES – Create a standard rectangular NES. This is the default option.
- Poly NES – Creates an NES with three or more sides.
- Point, Width and Height NES – Creates a rectangular NES from a given width and height.
- If adding a rectangular NES, click on the map to choose the top left and bottom right corners of the rectangle.
- If adding a poly NES, click on the map to add coordinates for each edge of the polygon.
- If adding a Point, Width and Height NES, click once on the map to pick up the coordinates for the top left corner, and then enter values (in feet & inches or meters – as applicable) for the Width and the Height.
If the event has multiple Maps, create the NES and/or Markings on the child map. The NES and/or Marking are then automatically displayed on the parent map.
Use NES for non-exhibiting space that is not counted toward contracted space. Markings are for notations on the floor plan such as an aisle number, entrance caption, and space that does not count toward net square feet.
NES cannot overlap booth space whereas Markings can. So when creating an NES where there are already booths delete the booths first and then create the NES.