Online Sponsorship Sales (OSS)
This module provides the ability to sell sponsorships, generate contracts and collect payments from sponsors online - at any point during the show cycle and with no customizations to your existing system or process.
Purchasing a Sponsorship
Step One - Log in
Companies will be required to have an account and log in to the show website in order to buy a sponsorship. These companies will need to exist in the event Global Admin, or be allowed to create a new account on the website.
Step Two – Sponsorship Sales Form
Companies wanting to purchase sponsorships will be required to fill out a form.
The form collects the following information:
Users can update the Company Address, or email changes directly to show management.
The user can select an existing contact that is associated with this company’s record or create a new contact to be associated with sponsorship communications. The default contact type that is collected is ‘Sponsorship Contact’. Your a2z project manager can work with you if there are other contact types you want to collect here.
This section lists out all the sponsorship items that have been added via Sponsorship Management in Global Admin. Items are available to be purchased by checking the box next to the requested item. Items that are sold out will be shown in gray, with the words ‘SOLD OUT’ next to the item name, their check box will not be clickable. Users can check off as many items as they wish to purchase. Inventory is managed in Financial Setup in Global Admin.
Once items are selected in the sponsorship items section, the details will appear here. This will show the name of the items purchased, the price for each item, the quantity, total amount per item, amount due per item, overall cost for all items, and minimum payment due. Your a2z Project Manager can assist you with configuring how much of the total cost is due at the time of purchase.
Payment can be made immediately via credit card, or the user can be allowed to send a check at a later date. If credit card is selected the user will be able to pay any amount from the minimum payment due, up to the total cost of the sponsorships selected.
Users must fill in their first name, last name, and job title to electronically sign the contract.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions can be added as a link to a PDF or, like the sample here, added directly into the message #4485 as text that appears on the form above the submit button.
Users must choose the ‘Accept Terms and Conditions’ checkbox in order to submit the form and purchase their Sponsorships. If any sponsorship items selected have sold out while they were filling in the form, they will get a notification immediately, and will have to opportunity to resubmit the form without the item(s).
Step Three – Confirmation and Fulfillment
After successfully submitting the form, users will receive an email confirming their purchase and online contract details. This confirmation is template 82 in Global Admin.
Fulfillment of these sponsorships is not managed through the Global Admin.
Setting up the system for online sponsorship sales is done by first creating any new Sponsorship Types, then adding the items to the rate card in Financial Set Up. Once the items are available to be sold in the rate card, descriptions are added in Sponsorship Management. On the website, the sponsorship form is added, and content can be customized with Message Management, and Template Management. You should discuss all of these items with your a2z project manager before starting the setup of these items.
Step One - Manage Lists
1. Item Type - The sponsorship item type is already set up by default, if there are any additional item types that are needed they should be set up at this time. If the items that are being sold on the sponsorship form are not going to be using the payment schedule, check the “ignore schedule” check box for those Item Types.
2. Sponsorship Type – These are the categories or groups that sponsorships will be sorted into on the website form. (Ex. Print, Signage, Web)
3. Contact Types – If there are any additional contact types that need to be collected other than the default types (Primary, Financial, Sponsorship, etc.) they must be added before the Sales form is created.
Step Two - Financial Set Up
For each item that will be sold on the sponsorship form, an item needs to be added in Events>Financial>Settings>Financial Set Up. Items that are inventory-controlled must have an amount in the Inventory column.
Step Three - Sponsorship Management
Add details for the Sponsorship items that are being sold online at Events>Sponsorships>Settings>Sponsorship Items. Each item needs the following fields -
2. Brief description
3. Detailed description
4. Logo Image - Browse for and upload an image. The system will resize it automatically to fit in the details pop up on the Public site.
5. Sponsorship type - this is the category for grouping sponsorships on the web form (added in Manage Items)
6. Item name –This drop down field has all the items from the rate card, and allows the user to select which item to associate with this record. This is what the system uses to create orders, and check inventory.
7. Start date – when this item is for sale
8. End date – when this item is no longer for sale
Step Four - Template Management
1. Go to Events>Events Settings>Event Settings>Template Management and select Sponsorship Confirmation (ID82) .
2. Then update the statement using the WYSIWYG tools.
i. Add merge fields - To add a Merge Field, select the field from the drop down entitled “List of Fields”, place your cursor where you want the field to be, and then click Insert. Do not remove the ## characters because this tells the system it is a merge field.
NOTE - there are some special merge fields as follows
1. SSO link – a Single Sign On link that takes the recipient to the public side and logs them in as the company. If you are allowing companies to pay on the public site, be sure to include this link as part of the payment instructions.
2. IP Address – The unique identifier of the network of the person who signed the contract.
ii. Add images (optional) - Images are first uploaded into Events>Features>Content Management>File Management, then selected by clicking the Image Manager Icon (or using crtl+M on your keyboard). Select the image from the folder you have uploaded it into, and select any styling from the menu.
iii. Add hyperlinks (optional) - Hyperlinks are added by highlighting the text you want to link, clicking on the Hyperlink Manager, and entering the URL that you would like to link the selected text. Be sure to use http://.
iv. Edit text - You can edit or enter new text into the main text area.
v. Format text- Text is formatted using the standard tools like Bold, Italicize, and Underline, and more advanced items like Strikethrough, page justification, font type, font size, font color, highlight color, and paragraph styles [ex. Numbered list, Heading 1]
vi. Configure TO: and CC Hierarchy - These 2 fields are set up as a hunt sequence. The First Contact type will be sent the email, in the case that there is not an email address for this contact, or not a contact of this type associated, then the system will look to the next contact in the hierarchy. If there are no contacts associated to any contact type in the hierarchy, the system will use the Company Contact.
vii. Update - Click the update button to update the Template.
Step Five - Content Management
The OSS form is File Name e_SponsorshipSales.aspx, and must be allowed AND displayed to show in the drop down menus. To send the URL only to selected companies, make the page allowed, but NOT displayed. Then email the URL of the page to those selected companies.
Step Six - Message Management
Events>Content Management>Settings>Message Management
Turn on Messages on the public site to see the message numbers by checking the “Show message number on public site” checkbox. As you review the Sponsorship module, update any messages to your preferred text. Note – using the find (crtl+F) function of your browser to quickly locate the message number will make this much faster and easier.
See Attachments for Downloadable PDF of the workflow chart
Financial Set Up (Rate Card)