There are two basic ways to reflect Company Mergers and Acquisitions in your company database.
“Archive” the original companies, create a new record.
When you need to keep the history for the original companies separate, create a new record for the new company and archive the original two companies.
- Edit the original company names to add "Archive-" or similar. Note – this will display on any published floorplan, it is a best practice to put the company name in the FP Company Name field.
- Add the new company from the Companies tab.
Things to consider with this method:
- Priority Points - what are the starting points for this company.
- Contacts - who are your new primary, invoice, etc. contacts.
Merge two companies
When you want to merge all the company history use the Merge option on the Relationships tab of the company record. This will merge all the information in the two company records, and cannot be undone.
Things to think about before you merge –
- Address - which address should be kept.
- Contacts – who are your new primary, invoice, etc. contacts.
- Priority Points - what are the points for the resulting merged companies.
If you have any questions please reach out to your a2z project manager.